Luas Website Accessibility Statement
There are currently three Luas websites:
- Luas Website (luas.ie)
- Luas Standard Fare Payment Website (https://payments.luas.ie/)
- Luas Tax Saver Website (https://taxsavertickets.luas.ie/)
We are aware of some areas on the websites where we could improve accessibility. Over the coming months we will be working on a new Luas website. This will incorporate the Luas Standard Fare Payment Website and the Luas Tax Saver Website. We plan that this website will achieve “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 when it goes live in Quarter 1 2021.
Transdev Dublin Light Rail Limited, the Luas Operator, is committed to:
- Maintaining an accessible Luas website
- Ensuring that the Luas website achieves “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, to comply with the National Disability Authority’s Code of Practice on Accessibility of Public Services and Information Provided by Public Bodies
- Ensuring that all new information on the Luas website will achieve “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1
- Including accessibility when we procure third party systems or upgrades to existing systems
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. Transdev Dublin Light Rail Limited is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 and plans to be fully conformant in Quarter 1 2021.
We are in the process of developing a new website. Some content on the Luas websites is currently non-accessible, however they will be replaced with a new conformant website in Quarter 1 2021.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared and made available on Wednesday 23rd September 2020. The methods used to prepare the statement are laid out in Article 3(1) of Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2018/1523 and by the National Disability Authority here. This is the first version of this website accessibility statement.
Feedback and contact information
We welcome your feedback about the accessibility of Luas websites. If you find that you are not able to access, to request information, or use content on the Luas websites for accessibility reasons, please contact Luas Customer Service via Web Form, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or LoCall 1850 300 604.