Competition Terms and Conditions
This policy (together with our Competition of Terms & Conditions below) sets out the privacy practices of Transport Infrastructure Ireland (“TII”) in connection with the competitions it operates on its social media sites (the “Competitions”). Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By entering into a Competition you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
TII fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you in connection with Competitions without your clear knowledge and permission. Any personal information which you volunteer to TII will be treated strictly in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
The information we collect about you depends on the particular rules and entry requirements of the Competition that is being operated. If you enter a Competition, we may request that you provide the following information:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your phone number;
- Confirmation you are resident of Ireland;
- Your age; and
- Your postal address;
We will use this information in the administration of the Competition and any prizes that are awarded to entrants.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
Our processing of your personal is based on consent.
In connection with the above TII may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognised by the European Commission as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union. If and to the extent that TII does so, TII will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with its obligations under applicable law governing such transfers, which may include entering into a contract governing the transfer which contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission or, in respect of transfers to the United States of America, ensuring that the transfer is covered by the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. Further details of the measures that TII has taken in this regard are available from the TII Data Protection Officer using the contact details below.
Disclosure of Information
We may share your information with our third party service providers who will process it on our behalf. For example, we may share your information with Transdev Dublin Light Rail Limited, the operator of the Luas system, who undertakes marketing services on our behalf. We may also use your name and general location for publicity and news purposes in connection with the Competition.
Marketing and Opting Out
If you indicate your consent to receiving marketing emails when you enter our competition, we will use your email address for this purpose. If at any time you would like to opt out of receiving marketing emails you can do so via the unsubscribe link on the marketing emails or by contacting email@example.com.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Security of Your Information
TII has adopted appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage. We will also ensure that our agents or third party service providers who process your data are required to keep your data safe and secure.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another data controller;
- where our processing of your personal data is based on you having provided consent, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Transport Infrastructure Ireland,
Parkgate Business Centre,
Tel: +353 1 646 3600
Transport Infrastructure Ireland,
Parkgate Business Centre,
Tel: +353 1 646 3600
If you are dissatisfied with the way we have used your information or addressed your rights, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Luas Festival of Curiosity July 2019 Competition Terms & Conditions
- The Promoter of this promotion is Transport Infrastructure Ireland, Parkgate Business Centre, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8, D08 DK10.
- By entering this competition, you agree to abide by the following terms & conditions. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry and the entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entrants to this competition must be resident in the Republic of Ireland.
- Entrants to this competition must be 18 years or over to enter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants by asking for proof of age.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude any entrant and/or any winner if he/she does not comply with any of these terms and conditions.
- Entries are limited to one entry per person. If more than one entry is received only the first entry received will be accepted. Entering multiple times will not increase your chances of winning.
- Purchase is not necessary.
- This competition is not open to employees of Transport Infrastructure Ireland, Transdev and their affiliates or agents, the families of such employees and any other person connected with this competition.
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland is not responsible for any incorrect information supplied.
- To enter this competition, entrants must submit their entry by filling in all required details (in full) on the entry form. Entries will not be accepted by any other means. Transport Infrastructure Ireland is not responsible for any incorrect information supplied.
- Entries that contain foul or abusive language or do not comply with the Luas Commenting Policy will not be entered into the prize draw.
- Responsibility will not be accepted for loss, delay and corruption of any data in transit or in the incomplete nature of any entries to this competition.
- The competition begins at 11.00am Thursday 11th July 2019 and ends at 11.59pm Tuesday 16th July 2019.
- 1 winner will be randomly selected and will be announced on the Luas Facebook and Twitter page after they have been contacted by phone (text & call) and / or email.
- The prizes for the competition are summarised in the following table:
- The decision by the Promoter is final. In the unlikely event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision shall be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If the chosen winner fails to confirm acceptance of the prize within 2 working days of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any disappointment incurred or suffered by any entrant as a result of entering this competition or accepting the prize. The prize is as stated and cannot be transferred or exchanged and the winner agrees not to sell, offer to sell or use the prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing the prize or part of it on an internet auction site).
- There is no cash offer or other alternative to the prize stated. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that circumstances beyond its control mean that the prize described above cannot be provided to a winner.
- The winner will be responsible for all expenses that may be associated with the acceptance of the prize as stated; these will not be reimbursed by the Promoter.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its suppliers shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the participation in this competition or the receipt, ownership and/or use of the prize
- By entering this competition entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Transport Infrastructure Ireland, our subsidiaries, affiliates, related parties, officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors, advertisers, partners, and co-branders from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, that may be made by any third party, that is due to or arising out of your conduct or connection with this competition, your breach of these terms and conditions or any other breach of the rights of another person or party.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.