Luas Customer Information: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated Mon 28th Feb 2022
From Mon 28th Feb, the wearing of face coverings on Luas and other public transport becomes advisory. Luas customers are advised to continue to wear face coverings for the duration of your journey on Luas. This helps reduce the spread of COVID-19, particularly by those who do not know they have the virus. For further information, visit Gov.ie.
Please respect other passengers and Luas staff, who are working to keep you safe while travelling with us.
Travel update information can be found at www.luas.ie/travel-updates, on the Luas App, and on Luas Twitter and Facebook. RTPI information can be found on passenger information displays at Luas Stops, on the Luas App, and on www.luas.ie by selecting the line and stop from which you are travelling from the 'Luas Live Information' section.
Keeping yourself and others safe while travelling:
- Wearing a face coverings is recommended on Luas and other public transport to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Avoid travelling during peak hours where possible.
- Continue to adhere to proper respiratory (cough and sneeze) etiquette, covering your mouth and nose with a sleeve or tissue.
- Continue to maintain good personal hygiene and dispose of your tissues or rubbish using bins provided on Luas platforms.
- Continue to wash your hands properly or use hand sanitiser before and after using public transport. Avoid touching your face.
- Keep the windows open. Windows are being left open to maintain air flow through the tram.
- Use a TFI Leap Card or Contactless Payment method to pay for travel where possible. TFI Leap Cards can be topped up online at www.leapcard.ie or by using the TFI Leap Card Top-Up App.
- Please keep priority seating areas available for those who need them.
We continue to:
- Work to ensure normal service frequency is maintained as best we can.
- Keep our Customer Service Centre open, Monday – Friday from 7am – 7pm and Saturdays, Sundays, and Bank Holidays from 8am – 6pm to provide you with up-to-date information and to address any queries you may have.
- Bio-Protect Luas trams with microSURE™, an invisible, antimicrobial layer on all tram surfaces, hard and soft, which destroys harmful pathogens including COVID-19.
Thank you for your cooperation.
For daily updates and full information and guidance on what measures you should be taking to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, see www.hse.ie and www.gov.ie.
Luas Customer Service can be contacted on LoCall 0818 300 604, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or through Luas Facebook and Twitter @Luas.