Luas Customer Information: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated Wed 1st Sep 2021
From Wed 1st Sep, in line with other public transport operators, Luas passenger capacity is 100%. We remind everyone travelling on Luas to follow HSE and Department of Health advice when travelling on Luas.
Please respect other passengers and Luas staff, who are working to keep you safe while travelling with us.
Luas is running normal operating hours and frequency. Travel update information can be found at www.luas.ie/travel-updates, on the Luas App, and on Luas Twitter and Facebook. RTPI information can be found on passenger information displays at Luas stops, on the Luas App, and on www.luas.ie by selecting the line and stop from which you are travelling from the 'Luas Live Information' section.
Keeping yourself and others safe while travelling:
- Wear a face covering, which is required by law, in line with guidelines from the Department of Health. Gardaí can issue fines for €80 to passengers found not wearing face coverings.
- Continue to avoid travelling during peak hours where possible.
- Follow onboard signage at all times.
- Ensure you adhere to proper respiratory (cough and sneeze) etiquette, covering your mouth and nose with a sleeve or tissue.
- Follow personal hygiene advice as issued by the HSE and the Department of Health.
- Always wash your hands properly or use hand sanitiser before and after using public transport. Avoid touching your face.
- Keep the windows open. Windows are being left open to ensure air flow through the tram.
- Use a Leap Card to pay for travel wherever possible instead of paying for tickets at ticket machines. You do not have to touch the Leap Card to the validator but hold it as close as you can to the validator without touching it until you see / hear that it has Touched On / Off successfully. Leap Cards can be topped up online at www.leapcard.ie or by using the Leap Card top-up app.
- Use a Contactless Payment method when purchasing tickets to limit your contact with surfaces. All Luas Ticket Machines now accept Contactless Payments for credit / debit cards, Google Pay, and Apple Pay for transactions up to €50.
- Take your tissues and rubbish with you and dispose of them in bins provided on platforms to help us keep Luas clean.
- If you can, please continue to walk or cycle instead of travelling on Luas.
- Please keep priority seating areas available for those who need them.
We continue to:
- Ensure your safety by monitoring Luas capacity levels.
- Enhance our cleaning regime to include an additional disinfectant wipe-down of all touch points and the drivers’ cabs. This is in addition to the deep cleaning which takes place daily in line with HSE and Department of Health guidance.
- Work to ensure normal service frequency is maintained.
- Keep our Customer Service Centre open, Monday – Friday from 7am – 7pm and Saturdays, Sundays, and Bank Holidays from 8am – 6pm to provide you with up to date information and to address any queries you may have.
- Adhere to amended procedures for staff in relation to contact with customers to ensure the safety of all.
- Disinfect touch points on trams when they reach the end of the lines in addition to our enhanced cleaning regime.
NTA, along with Luas and other operators, have implemented a scheme for TaxSaver ticket holders who have been unable to use their tickets for travel. To see the basic information that has been agreed click here.
For daily updates and full information and guidance on what measures you should be taking during these challenging times, see www.hse.ie and www.gov.ie.
Luas Customer Service can be contacted on LoCall 1850 300 604, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or through Luas Facebook and Twitter @Luas.