Luas Customer Information: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Last updated: 31/02/2020
Our colleagues are working tirelessly to continue to provide a full service to ensure essential and frontline workers can get where they need to go. The service will run as normal unless otherwise advised. Travel update information can be found at www.luas.ie/travel-updates, on the Luas App, and on Luas Twitter and Facebook. RTPI information can be found on passenger information displays at Luas stops, on the Luas App, and on www.luas.ie by selecting the line and stop from which you are travelling from the 'Luas Live Information' section.
Thank you to Luas employees and to all essential workers who are working to flatten the curve.
We will update this customer information guide as new information becomes available.
We are all personally responsible for helping to stop the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We ask you to:
- Consider whether your journey is absolutely necessary. This will ensure that those who must use the service have adequate space to practise physical distancing.
- Keep a 2-metre distance between yourself and other passengers on trams and on platforms.
- Adhere to the seating and standing restrictions on board the tram.
- Ensure you adhere to proper cough and sneeze etiquette, covering your mouth with a sleeve or tissue.
- Follow personal hygiene advice as issued by the HSE and the Department of Health. Always wash your hands properly or use hand sanitiser wherever possible after using public transport and avoid touching your face.
- Keep the windows open. Windows are being left open to ensure air flow through the tram.
- Use a Leap Card to pay for travel wherever possible instead of paying for tickets at ticket machines. You do not have to touch the Leap Card to the validator, but hold it as close as you can to the validator without touching it until you see / hear that it has Touched On / Off successfully. Leap Cards can be topped up online at www.leapcard.ie or by using the Leap Card top-up app.
- Take your tissues and rubbish with you and dispose of them in bins provided on platforms to help us keep Luas clean.
- Enhancing our cleaning regime to include an additional disinfectant wipe-down of all touch points and the drivers’ cabs. This is in addition to the deep cleaning which takes place daily in line with HSE and Department of Health guidance.
- Opening platform-side doors at every stop automatically so you don’t need to press the buttons to open them yourself.
- Working to ensure a normal frequency of the service is maintained to accommodate physical distancing as best we can.
- Keeping our Customer Service Centre open, Monday – Friday from 7am – 7pm and Saturdays, Sundays, and Bank Holidays from 8am – 6pm to provide you with up to date information and to address any queries you may have.
- Changing our procedures for staff in relation to contact with customers to ensure the safety of all. Luas Customer Assurance Officers in pink hi-vis vests are on platforms and trams reminding customers of physical distancing guidelines.
We are working with the NTA to answer your questions regarding Tax Saver ticket refunds. When we have detailed information, we will update customers as to what they need to do and where to go for further guidance on this matter. If you wish to cancel an annual Tax Saver ticket, please contact your employer and request that they do so on your behalf.
For daily updates and full information and guidance on what measures you should be taking during these challenging times, see www.hse.ie and www.gov.ie.
Luas Customer Service can be contacted on LoCall 1850 300 604, by e-mailing email@example.com, or through Luas Facebook and Twitter @Luas.