Luas 2021 Pancake Tuesday Competition Terms & Conditions
- The Promoter of this competition is Transdev Dublin Light Rail Limited, Red Cow, Naas Road, Clondalkin, Dublin 22, D22 C5P3 (the “Promoter”).
- By participating in and entering this competition, you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry and the entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entrants to this competition must be resident in the Republic of Ireland.
- Entrants to this competition must be 18 years or over to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to request written proof of age of any competition winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants by asking for proof of age.
- Entries are limited to one entry per person. If more than one entry is received, only the first entry received will be accepted. Entering multiple times will not increase your chances of winning.
- Purchase is not necessary.
- This competition is not open to employees of the Promoter and their affiliates or agents, the families of such employees and any other person connected with this competition.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect information supplied.
- To enter this competition, entrants must submit their entry by filling in all required details (in full) on the entry form. Entries will not be accepted by any other means.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify and exclude any entrant and/or any winner for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion. Without prejudice to this:
- Entries that contain foul or abusive language or do not comply with the Luas Commenting Policy will not be entered into the prize draw.
- Any person that fails to comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified automatically.
- All competition entries must be received by the Promoter in the required format before the advertised closing date/time. Neither the Promoter nor its affiliates or agents accept any responsibility whatsoever for any lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or altered entries; or entries which are processed late or incorrectly or are lost or invalidated due to computer or other technical malfunction or problems.
- The competition begins at 10.00am Wednesday 10th February 2021 and ends at 11.59pm Sunday 14th February 2021. Entries received after the closing date/time will not be accepted.
- 4 winners will be randomly selected and will be announced on the Luas Facebook and Twitter page after they have been contacted by phone (text & call) and / or email.
- The prizes for the competition are summarised in the following table:
Wednesday 10th February 2021
4 X Digital One4All Cards each to the value of €50.00
11.59pm Sunday 14th February 2021
- The decision by the Promoter is final. In the unlikely event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision shall be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If the chosen winner fails to confirm acceptance of the prize within 24 hours of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner. The Promoter will endeavour to deliver all prizes within 28 days of winning. Where this is not possible the winner(s) will be notified of a delay.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel, withdraw this competition and/or vary the competition terms and conditions at any time without notice.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any disappointment incurred or suffered by any entrant as a result of entering this competition or accepting the prize. The prize is as stated and cannot be transferred or exchanged and the winner agrees not to sell, offer to sell or use the prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including, but not limited to, placing the prize or part of it on an internet auction site).
- There is no cash offer or other alternative to the prize stated. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that circumstances beyond its control mean that the prize described above cannot be provided to a winner. The Promoter retains sole discretion to withhold prizes without liability if in its view a winner is ineligible, the entry is invalid, or a winner does not meet the necessary requirements as set out in these terms and conditions.
- The winner will be responsible for all expenses that may be associated with the acceptance of the prize as stated; these will not be reimbursed by the Promoter.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its suppliers shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the participation in this competition or the receipt, ownership and/or use of the prize.
- By entering this competition entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter, our subsidiaries, affiliates, related parties, officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors, advertisers, partners, and co-branders from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, that may be made by any third party, that is due to or arising out of your conduct or connection with this competition, your breach of these terms and conditions or any other breach of the rights of another person or party.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Twitter. The information you provide will be used for this competition only. However, if you opt in to receive the latest competition info, news, plus fantastic offers from Luas, then your email address that you have provided will be used for circulation of the Luas Inside Track e-zine.
1. Your trust is very important to us. The Promoter is Data Controller of your personal information. This means we decide what your personal information is used for and the ways in which it is processed. The Promoter is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
3. Additional information can be found in the Luas Privacy Notice and Cookies Notice. Where there is inconsistency between those documents and this policy, this policy shall prevail.
4. What will we collect and how will we use it?
The Promoter will collect and process the personal information that we need to run the competition. The personal information that we will collect includes: first name, last name, email address and mobile number.
Once you have provided your personal data to us we will process it on the basis of legitimate interests (both of the Promoter and you) and for the purpose of the competition only.
If you are successful, your name will be announced on the Luas Facebook and Twitter page.
5. How long will we retain your information?
The Promoter will retain your personal information for a period of 2 years to facilitate audits and any complaints or queries following the competition.
6. Sharing your information
The competition entry form is hosted by Microsoft a third-party supplier. If your submission is successful, your information will be shared with our third-party supplier, One4All (GVS Gift Voucher Shop DAC trading as The Gift Voucher Shop).
7. Your rights and more information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party).
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in a structured and commonly used format (also known as data portability).
8. If you have any questions about how The Promoter handles your personal information, or you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at our office address (Transdev Dublin Light Rail Limited, Luas Depot, Red Cow Roundabout, Clondalkin, Dublin 22, D22 C5P3) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are entitled to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In Ireland, the supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission (DPC).