Your personal safety is a priority for us; we are constantly improving Luas security with your help.
You can help mitigate against anti-social behaviour by reporting incidents to us through our Security Text Service. Just text LUAS to 51444 with the tram no. and your location with a brief statement about the incident. Standard rates apply and each text must be 155 characters or less. For terms and conditions go to www.luas.ie/luas-text-service-terms-faqs.html
Luas is safe, frequent, clean and reliable transport. As the growth in passenger numbers increase, with 37.6 million customer journeys made last year, we work hard with you to keep it that way.
Your Personal Safety
We want you to feel safe on all of your journeys with us. Here are the supports in place for you:
- Security Text Service – text Luas to 51444 to report anti-social behaviour
- Help Intercoms – On Tram (talk to the Driver) and On Stop (talk with Luas Control Centre)
- CCTV –On Tram and On Stop
- Staff* – Drivers, Luas Security and Revenue Protection
- Luas Customer Service* – 0818 300 604, Email email@example.com, Message @Luas Facebook or Message @Luas Twitter
- Luas Control Centre – CCTV Surveillance, Incident Response and Security Management
- Emergency Services – Always call 999 / 112 in an emergency
* Luas staff and Luas Security are not present on all trams. Emergency Help Intercoms are located beside tram doors and at all Luas stops.
Security Text Service
To report anti-social behaviour, text LUAS to 51444 with the tram no. and your location. Include a brief statement about the incident and we will do the rest.
Standard rates apply and each text must be 155 characters or less. For terms and conditions go to this page www.luas.ie/luas-text-service-terms-faqs.html
How to ask for help on the platform?
You can use the Emergency Help Intercom located at the Ticket Vending Machine.
Your call will be answered by Luas Control Centre. It has an overview of the Luas system by CCTV.
To get help:
- Locate the Emergency Help Intercom
- Press the large red button once
- Wait for an answer and then explain the situation to Luas Control Centre
- If you need assistance you can also call Luas Customer Service 0818 300 604*
How to ask for help on board?
You can use the Emergency Help Intercom On Tram located at the tram door
You will be able to speak directly with the Driver who is also connected to Luas Control Centre
To get help:
- Locate the Emergency Help Intercom beside the door
- Press the large white button once
- Wait for an answer and then explain your situation to the Driver who is connected to Luas Control Centre
- If you need assistance you can also call Luas on 0818 300 604*
CCTV is present all over the Luas system, On Tram and On Stop.
CCTV downloads can be requested by An Garda Síochána. Please note a request must be made immediately particularly if it relates to an incident.
The information we seek in processing requests is the following: stop name, date, time, and (if possible) the tram number.
The issuing of CCTV follows guidelines as laid down under data protection legislation and in accordance with good practice.
You can talk with staff present on board Luas or at platforms.
Drivers can be contacted by pressing the Emergency Help Intercom beside tram doors. Please note that fines are in place for improper use.
Luas Security is deployed On Tram and On Stop to ensure your safety.
Customer Agents are also deployed On Tram and On Stop. Speak with any staff member in the event of an incident.
Luas Customer Service
Talk with Luas Customer Service Monday to Friday 7am – 7pm and Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 8am – 6pm. There is an answer machine service for out of hours.
Luas Control Centre
Luas Control Centre has an overview of the entire Luas system. This includes CCTV surveillance and real-time information about trams. It manages incident response and Luas Security.
In the event of an emergency, please call the emergency services on 999 or 112.